Turkey Thai Red Curry
41g protein, 8g fat, 33g carbs
5g organic butter, ghee or coconut oil
50g shallots, finely sliced
150g lean turkey breast mince (or use vegetarian turkey mince)
75g spring onion, finely sliced
15g red curry paste
5 baby plum tomatoes
30g basmati rice, white or wholegrain
50g broccoli, cut into florets
1) Melt the butter, ghee or oil in a non stick frying pan over a medium heat.
2) Add the shallots and sauté gently for 3-4 minutes, stirring, until soft. Add the mince and fry for 4-5 minutes, stirring, until cooked.
3) Add the spring onion and the curry paste, and stir well. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring. Stir in the plum tomatoes, reduce heat to medium/low and cook for 10-12 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and add the rice. For timings, follow pack instructions (note: wholegrain rice takes longer than white rice). If using white rice, avoid stirring too much as this can cause the rice to become too sticky. When rice is cooked, drain and leave for 2-3 minutes to stand.
5) Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Reduce to a simmer, add the broccoli and cook for 3-4 minutes, then drain. Serve.