40g protein, 9g fat, 57g carbs
5g organic butter, ghee, or coconut oil
100g white onion, finely sliced
150g lean turkey breast mince (or use low fat vegetarian turkey mince)
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
1-3 green chillis (optional)
150g chopped tinned tomatoes
1 tsp garam masala
½ tsp turmeric
50g white or wholegrain basmati rice (dry weight)
1) Melt the butter, ghee or oil in a large non stick frying pan.
2) Add the onion, and sauté gently for 3-4 minutes until softened.
3) Add the mince and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
4) Add the garlic, ginger, and chillis and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
5) Add the chopped tomatoes, garam masala and turmeric and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently.
6) Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and add the rice. For timings, follow pack instructions (note: wholegrain rice takes longer than white rice). If using white rice, avoid stirring too much as this can cause the rice to become too sticky.
7) When rice is cooked, drain and leave for 2-3 minutes to stand. Serve.