45g protein, 12g fat, 58g carbs
40g quinoa (dry weight)
5g organic butter, ghee or coconut oil
60g white onion, finely chopped
100g lean turkey breast, diced
(or use a vegetarian turkey replacement)
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tsp fresh chopped ginger, finely chopped
1-3 green chillies (optional), finely chopped
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp turmeric
200g tinned chopped tomatoes
100g tinned cooked chickpeas
1) Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the quinoa and reduce to a gentle simmer. Cook according to pack instructions. When water is absorbed, fluff with a fork.
2) Melt the butter, ghee or oil in a non stick frying pan over a gentle heat. Add the onion and sauté gently until soft. Add the turkey and cook for 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until brown on all sides.
3) Add the garlic, ginger and chillis and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
4) Sprinkle over the spices, season with salt and stir well. Cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and chickpeas, stir and simmer for 15 minutes.
5) Stir in the quinoa, cook for 1 minute then serve.