58g protein, 13g fat, 63g carbs
40g white or wholegrain basmati rice (dry weight)
10g organic butter, ghee, or coconut oil
100g white onion, finely chopped
100g celery, sliced
100g yellow bell pepper, sliced
150g fresh chicken breast, diced (or use a vegetarian chicken replacement)
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1-4 green chillis (optional), finely sliced
200g tinned chopped tomatoes
1 tsp paprika
100g fresh spinach
1) Melt the butter, ghee or oil in a non stick frying pan. Add the onion and sauté gently over a medium heat until softened
2) Add the celery and yellow pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
3) Add the chicken and gently fry for 2-3 minutes, until brown all over.
4) Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously.
5) Add the chillis, tinned tomatoes and paprika and simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper if you like.
6) Steam the spinach for 1-2 minutes. Serve