Salmon Fillet With Lemon, Rice and Asparagus
35g protein, 19g fat, 42g carbs
50g white or wholegrain basmati rice (dry weight)
5g organic butter, ghee, or coconut oil
140g salmon fillet or tofu (use a fresh, firm, low-fat variety)
juice of ½ a lemon
1) Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and add the rice. For timings, follow the pack instructions (note: wholegrain rice takes longer than white rice). If using white rice, avoid stirring too much as this can cause the rice to become too sticky. When rice is cooked, drain and leave for 2-3 minutes to stand.
2) Melt the butter, ghee or oil in a nonstick frying pan or skillet over medium / high heat.
3) If using salmon, place in the pan skin side down, and cook for 4-5 minutes. Reduce to medium heat, then turn the salmon over, flesh side down, and cook for 5 minutes or until the flesh is a pale pink colour throughout.
If using tofu, cook over medium heat for 6 minutes. Use a flat wooden slice to carefully turn the tofu in the pan. Season with salt and cook for a further 4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
4) Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, add the asparagus and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft, then drain.
5) Squeeze the juice of the lemon over the salmon and serve.