Salmon Fillet With Asparagus and Garlic and Red Onion Quinoa
35g protein, 21g fat, 32g carbs
1 tsp organic olive oil
140g salmon fillet or fresh tofu (use a fresh, firm, low fat variety)
30g red onion, chopped into chunks
1 garlic clove, chopped finely
45g quinoa (dry weight)
juice of 1/2 a lemon
1) Preheat oven to 175˚C/350˚F. Place a sheet of foil on a baking tray (enough to wrap around the fish). Place the salmon/tofu on the foil.
2) Add the onion and garlic and drizzle the oil over the onion. Season with salt and pepper. Gently wrap the foil around the salmon or tofu and seal loosely into a parcel.
3) Cook for 20 minutes or until the salmon is cooked right through or the tofu is a golden colour (when cooked, the salmon should be a pale pink colour throughout).
4) Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the quinoa and reduce to a gentle simmer. Cook according to pack instructions. When water is absorbed, fluff with a fork.
5) Bring a pan of water to the boil, reduce to a simmer and add the asparagus. Cook for 3-4 minutes until soft, then drain. Chop into small pieces.
6) Mix the quinoa with the asparagus, red onion and garlic and top with salmon or tofu. Drizzle over the lemon juice. Serve.