54g protein, 23g fat, 49g carbs
30g Bramley apple, peeled and sliced
40g quinoa (dry weight)
10g organic butter, ghee or coconut oil
25g red onion, finely sliced
1 garlic clove, finely sliced
100g tinned chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp dried herbs, e.g. oregano, Italian seasoning
130g pork loin steak (or use a
vegetarian pork replacement)
80g tinned sweetcorn, drained
1) Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Add the apple and simmer gently for around 4 minutes, until soft. Remove from heat and drain through a fine sieve. Stir gently to remove excess water. Transfer apple to a small pot or jug and set aside.
2) Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the quinoa and reduce to a gentle simmer. Cook according to pack instructions. When water is absorbed, fluff with a fork.
3) Melt half of the butter, ghee, or oil in a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté gently, stirring, for
3-4 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and cook stirring, for 2
minutes until soft. Add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and dried herbs, and simmer gently for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4) Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter, ghee, or oil over medium heat in a frying pan or skillet. Add the meat and cook on one side for 3-4 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
5) Add the sweetcorn and cooked quinoa to the tomato sauce and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes. Serve.