36g protein, 21g fat, 21g carbs
3 large free range eggs
3 large egg whites
5g organic butter, ghee or coconut oil
75g white onion, finely sliced
70g broccoli, cut into small pieces
100g red bell pepper, sliced
50g fresh spinach
1) Whisk the eggs and eggs whites in a jug and season well.
2) Melt half of the butter, ghee or oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add the onion. Sauté for 5 minutes, until softened.
3) Add the broccoli and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the red pepper and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the cooked vegetables from the pan and set aside.
4) Using a wooden spoon, remove any bits from the pan and discard. Melt the remaining butter, ghee or oil in the pan. Pour the eggs into the pan. Cook gently for around 3-4 minutes until the edges of the mixture start to crisp.
5) When the centre of the omelette begins to firm up, add the spinach over the entire omelette. Then carefully add the other
vegetables on top of the spinach, so that it wilts. Cook for around 1-2 minutes.
6) Using a wooden slice fold the omelette in half. Remove the omelette from the pan. Serve.