Lamb Leg Steaks With Mint Sauce, Sweet Potatoes and Tender Stem Broccoli
46g protein, 18g fat, 44g carbs
handful fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
3 tbsps malt vinegar
200g sweet potato, skin left on, cut into wedges
2 tsps organic olive oil
200g lamb leg steaks (or use a vegetarian lamb replacement)
sprig fresh rosemary or 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
100g tender stem broccoli
1) Preheat the oven to 175˚C/350˚F. Line 2 baking trays with foil. Mix the mint leaves and vinegar together in a jug and set aside
2) Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the sweet potato wedges and reduce to a gentle simmer. Cook for around 6-8 minutes, remove from water and drain.
3) Add the wedges to one of the baking trays and season with a little salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the olive oil, turning the wedges to coat them. Cook in the oven for around 40 minutes, turning halfway, until golden brown and crispy.
4) While the wedges are cooking, place the lamb on the other baking tray, season with salt and pepper, and add the rosemary. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes then turn and cook for a further 10-15 minutes or until the meat is thoroughly cooked.
5) Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, add the broccoli and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft, then drain. Drizzle the mint sauce over the lamb. Serve.