Fish and Chips With Peas
58g protein, 29g fat, 53g carbs
200g all rounder potatoes, cut into chips
2 tsps organic olive oil
2 tsps paprika
1 medium sized free range egg
20g ground almonds
180g white fish fillet (or replace with
100g firm tofu, diced)
100g garden peas
1) Preheat oven to 175˚C/350˚F. Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil.
2) Add the potatoes and cook for around 6 minutes. Drain carefully, taking care not to damage the potatoes.
3) Place a sheet of foil on a baking tray. Drizzle with the oil and add the potatoes. Turn them over to coat them in the oil. Sprinkle with paprika and season with salt and pepper.
4) Oven bake for 20 minutes, then turn the chips and cook for a further 20-30 minutes, until golden. While the chips are baking, line another baking tray with foil.
5) Pour the almonds onto a plate. Mix in a sprinkle of paprika and salt and pepper. Whisk the egg in a separate bowl. Take the fish/tofu and dip into the egg mixture, coating thoroughly. Then dip into the almonds, turning over to give an even coating.
6) Place the fish/tofu onto the baking tray and bake in the oven for around 15 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
7) Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Reduce to a simmer, add the peas and cook for 3-4 minutes, then drain. Serve.