Chicken Drumsticks With Sweetcorn, Sweet Potato & Kale
33g protein, 15g fat, 48g carbs
2 chicken drumsticks (or use 160g vegetarian chicken replacement)
1/2 tsp dried herbs e.g oregano, Rosemary, thyme
200g sweet potato, skin left on
100g curly kale
80g tinned sweetcorn (drained weight)
1) Preheat oven to 180˚C / 350˚F. Place the chicken drumsticks / vegetarian chicken on a baking tray. Season with salt and pepper and dried herbs.
2) Oven bake the meat for 10 minutes, then turn over and cook for a further 10 minutes. Use a skewer to check that the chicken is cooked. The juices will run clear when thoroughly cooked.
3) Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the sweet potato and reduce to a gentle simmer. Cook for around 8 minutes,
until soft, remove from water, and drain, reserving the water in the saucepan.
4) Bring the saucepan of water to the boil again. Reduce to a simmer, add the kale and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft, then drain.
5) Heat the sweetcorn in a saucepan over a gentle heat for several minutes, stirring occasionally. Cut open the sweet potato and use a fork to mash the insides. Season with salt and pepper and serve