47g protein, 28g fat, 11g carbs
3g organic butter, ghee or coconut oil
140g salmon fillet or tofu (use a fresh, firm, low fat variety and an additional
2g butter, ghee or oil)
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
6 closed cup mushrooms, sliced or quartered
2 medium sized vine tomatoes, diced
2 large free range eggs
100g fresh spinach
1) If using Tofu: melt 2g butter, ghee or oil in a non stick frying pan or wok and cook over medium/high heat for 6 minutes. Use a flat wooden slice to carefully turn the tofu in the pan. Season with salt and cayenne and cook for a further 4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
1) If using Salmon: bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the salmon and reduce to a gentle simmer. Cover and cook for around 8-10 minutes until the salmon is a light pink colour throughout. Remove salmon from the water and drain with a serrated spoon, reserving the water in the saucepan. Set aside.
For both salmon and tofu, follow these steps
2) Melt the butter, ghee or oil in a frying pan over gentle heat (if you are using salmon, otherwise use the same pan you cooked the
3) Add the mushrooms and sauté for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the tomatoes and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
4) Bring the saucepan of water to the boil again. Reduce to a simmer, and carefully crack the egg into the water. Poach for 2-4 minutes (2 minutes is ideal for a runny egg). Remove from water with a serrated spoon and set aside.
5) Steam the spinach gently for 1-2 minutes. Serve