Bacon and Egg Vegetable Breakfast Scramble
35g protein, 16g fat, 30g carbs
5g organic butter, ghee or coconut oil
100g all rounder potato, finely diced
75g carrots, finely diced
60g white onion, chopped finely
100g celery, chopped finely
1 rasher unsmoked back bacon (use a vegetarian bacon if preferred)
1 medium sized free range egg
3 egg whites
1) Melt the butter, ghee or oil in a non stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the potato and carrots and sauté for 10 minutes, turning the potatoes after 5 minutes.
2) When cooked, potatoes and carrots from pan and set aside. Add the onion to the pan and sauté gently, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add the celery, and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring, until soft.
3) Add the bacon and fry for 3-4 minutes, then turn. Cook until crispy. Add the potatoes and carrots back into the pan and mix well.
4) Pour the egg and egg whites into the saucepan and season with salt and pepper.
5) Stir gently until the eggs are cooked thoroughly. Serve.